Thursday, September 9, 2010

Making you have fun

Sometimes I think as adults we know things are fun that our children haven't experienced yet so when the are afraid we make them do the fun thing. When I was young I didn't understand that boating was fun and wake boarding was fun. There were times when I cried because I was made to get in the water. In the end I'm grateful someone made me over come that fear and I can now go and have a great time. Today I took my son to the Aquarium. It was not really a fun experience for me. I mean the penguins were neat to watch but keeping my son from running off was hard work. When we came to the stingrays he really wanted in the water and threw a fit because I wouldn't take his shoes off and let him in the pool. I tried to help him have fun by pointing out the fish and trying to have him be patient and wait and watch and that sort of thing. In the end he is just too young for that kind of fun. In a few years maybe we'll try again, for now we will stick with the kiddy pool in the backyard and other activities that require less patience and wonder.

No comments: