Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Negative Happiness

Lately, it has bothered me that whenever something happy is going to happen I get people who just hate happiness making comments to me. Or at least it seems that way. For example, when someone is getting married they always seem to find something awful to say "oh just wait until the honeymoon is over and the bills start coming." or "You're pregnant? You just wait until you're up all night with a barfing child!" Why on earth would I wait for those moments? True, there are hard things about pretty much everything in life but why would I wait for those moments? Why do people seem to want to kill the happiness of the exciting news or moment? So, my goal is to say positive things like, "You just wait until she smiles that first time!" Or "Just wait until you buy your first home together!" things that make the happiness even more exciting. I hate doomy gloomy outlooks, why not hope for rainbows and sunshine (or a nice rainstorm depending on what makes you happy). I hope in the hard times I can endure it well and in the end go to heaven smiling because the happy moments over came all the negative.
Note: I am not perfect but I'm trying

2 comments:

Maria said...

It's a good goal to have! Good luck : )

Christian Olson said...

I hear ya on this.