Friday, September 10, 2010

Movie Moments

There are times in my life where I have had what I call a movie moment. Those moments are the ones that you think will never really happen to you. You know, you see them in the movies and you think, "that never happens in real life!" Like the moment where the girl in the beautiful dress walks down the stairs and the guy she crushes on looks up at her and has "that" look on his face. There is that outpouring of emotion in the moment and it always makes me think, that could never happen to me and then one day out of nowhere it does. Maybe not exactly like the movie showed it but the emotion and the crush and the wow factor are all there. I could also call these moments dream moments. I often dream this way and always have. In high school I called them "what ifs". For example I often found myself thinking things like, what if the guy I really like just dropped by tonight and brought me flowers or left me a note. Pretty much I talked myself out of having the "what if" day dreams because lets be honest, I started really wanting those kinds of things to happen and in the end nothing is ever going to be as amazing or as beautiful as my imagination can create. Now that I've had a few movie moments and a few "what ifs" come true I know that dreaming isn't bad, as long as I can keep it in check and not let my heart be caught up in the illusions and fantasies. Some of my favorite memories include:
  • Walking into a reception and having my crush from years ago look up at me with "that" look on his face. I literally asked my cousin who was standing right next to me, "did you see that?" and she responded with "oh ya!" 
  • Dancing on the runway in Arizona as the sun was setting with my fiance'
  • Walking out of temple after my wedding and seeing the most amazing snow I've ever seen falling. That was such a cool feeling. The love of my life and I were married and the snow was gorgeous!
  • Seeing my dad in the parking-lot after a marching band performance.
  • Of course, holding my son in my arms for the first time and knowing that he was/is mine forever
There may be other moments that can fall in this category but really the movie moments are few and far between for me. However, when they happen they really blow me away and it's almost as if the emotion of the moment is enough to last a life time!

3 comments:

denise said...

Hmmm, don't think any crushes from high school ever saw me any differently than the nerd I was ;)

My take is: real life isn't like movies since movies stop for "happily ever after" real life is full of "happily ever after" moments and "ahh I'm going to pull my hair out" moments often in the very same day.

tHEsIXpACK said...

I have had the movie, and what ifs happen too :) and I hope I always will :) your a beautiful person so I know there are lots more for you too!

Hayley Marie said...

I love this post :) Having Austin call to say he was in town last week certainly was a nice movie moment!